We will use the information provided by you in connection to any letting of our properties. The basis under which the Council uses personal data for this purpose is that this is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest by the Council or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council.
The information provided by you may form part of a contract and also be used for the purpose of any other function carried out by the Council. Information about these functions and the legal basis on which information is used for them can be found at http://documents.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/download/5939 (section 3.4 Strategic Assets and Property)
If you are telephoning to make an enquiry about a property to rent, if you wish us to do so, we will keep your details on file for a period of six months in case a suitable property becomes available. Once you have entered into a contract with the council, your details will remain on our system for a period of 6 years after the contract has expired.
The Data Controller is Nottingham City Council, Loxley House, Station Street, Nottingham NG2 3NG
The Data Protection Officer is Naomi Matthews. You can contact the data protection officer at the above address or at email@example.com.
The new data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation provides for the following rights as prescribed by the legislation:
- A right to request a copy of your information
- A right to request rectification of inaccurate personal data
- A right to request erasure of your data known as 'the right to be forgotten'
- A right to in certain circumstances to request restriction of processing
- A right in certain circumstances to request portability of your data to another provider
- A right to object to processing of data in certain
- A right regarding automated decision making including profiling
Please note that if you are unhappy with a decision regarding the handling of your data you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. See also the Information Commissioners website at https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/.
For more information about these rights please refer to our detailed privacy statement at https://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/privacy-statement.